Cowdray House is a blissful countryside escape within a short drive from London which is available for exclusive-use hire for a range of events including house parties, corporate retreats, weddings and celebrations. Located on the 16,500-acre Cowdray Estate, just outside Midhurst, West Sussex, in the heart of the spectacular South Downs National Park, a true nature wonder reflecting the essence of the English countryside.
The Estate is situated 33 miles from London Gatwick Airport and 46 miles from London Heathrow Airport – taxi or chauffeur driven limousines being available for transfers, at an additional cost depending on the car type.
The nearest train stations are Haslemere (9 miles), Petersfield (11 miles) and Pulborough (10 miles). There are direct services from London Waterloo taking 50 minutes to Haslemere or 1 hour to Petersfield station. For those arriving by helicopter, Cowdray has its own landing pad nearby.
Cowdray Estate is also home to Cowdray Heritage which is one of England’s most important early Tudor houses and is known to have been visited by both King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I. In September 1793, whilst undergoing repairs and refurbishments for the impending marriage of the 8th Viscount Montague, a devastating fire took hold and most of the property was destroyed. The cozy Kitchen Tower is the only part of the mansion to remain intact
The magnificent ruins are set in the stunning landscape of Cowdray Estate and guided tours can be arranged for guests to Cowdray House.
● The Estate offers an award-winning Farm Shop & Café
● The estate also boasts a well-being centre
● Meeting facilities can be arranged at Capron House and The Estate’s Golf Clubhouse – A Projector and Screen are available for use
Cowdray House is offered on a venue only basis and does not impose a minimum nights stay
● The House’s facilities
● House staff: Operations Manager, Butler and Housekeeping staff, Chef, Waiting staff
● The Host is provided by Masterpiece Estates (Oetker Collection) – a very knowledgable ad highly skilled guest manager who is ready to cater to the needs, demands and wishes of the most discerning travellers, irrespective of the experience they are seeking – active, relaxation etc.
● All catering is charged in addition according to the clients’ requirements
The house boats 22 individually designed bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms. One of which can be twinned.
Different event areas are available :
● Buck Hall
● Dining Room
● Indoor activities: indoor swimming pool, billiards room and bowling alley
● Outdoor activities: outdoor swimming pool and Tennis court
On request, the following activities and trips can be arranged at an additional cost.
A polo ground, an 18 hole championship golf course, croquet lawn
Clay pigeon shooting, fly fishing
Off road driving and guided wildlife trails
A Renaissance Art Studio
Cowdray House is part of Oetker Collection’s MasterPiece Estates
More from CONCIERGE
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, a world-leading luxury brand within the Accor group, is pleased to announce the launch of its global partnership …
The Ritz-Carlton is delighted to announce the Shore Collection for the Caribbean itineraries on The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, offering a first look at …
The Reuben Brothers have acquired La Residence hotel in Kalafatis Bay, Mykonos, Greece, a 30 bedroom luxury boutique hotel as part of their continued strategy of investing …