Saint Laurent has moved across the river Seine. Until now based on avenue George-V, the luxury label’s Parisian headquarters and showrooms have relocated to 37-39 rue de Bellechasse, after three years of renovation work.
Altogether, a 9,000-square-metre area was renovated according to the wishes of Kering, the label’s owner. In a previous life, the building was the abbey of Penthemont, then it became the Imperial Guards barracks before being home to the Pensions Ministry in 1915.
In a press release, Saint Laurent indicated that the renovation work “was carried out in compliance with the regulations for listed buildings and for environmental sustainability, resulting in the maison being awarded a double environmental certification in the process.”
In 2014, Saint Laurent had moved part of its staff to premises in rue de l’Université, a few minutes away from the new headquarters. When still under the aegis of Hedi Slimane, the label based its Haute Couture showroom at number 24 rue de l’Université.
The newly renovated abbey of Penthemont building will be home to all of the label’s head offices, as well as its showrooms.
More from NEWS
Gucci is breaking with the conventional fashion calendar and has announced that it will go season-less, scaling back to show twice a …
Women and girls are disproportionately affected during times of crisis, and the COVID-19 pandemic has intensified underlying gender inequities, including …