Presently, Starwood Hotels & Resorts has a strong footprint in Africa with 34 operating hotels and a robust pipeline of 20 hotels under development. With the expansion of its luxury, upper upscale and mid-market brands, Starwood will grow its portfolio by over 50% in the next five years, with more than 50 hotels operating and nine out of its 10 compelling lifestyle brands flying their flag in the region.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts has recently announced seven new deals including W Sharm El Sheikh and The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh (Egypt), Sheraton Bamako (Mali), The Westin Abuja and Residences (Nigeria), Four Points by Sheraton Abuja and Residences (Nigeria), Four Points by Sheraton Nairobi Airport (Kenya), Aloft Dakar (Senegal), and Element Oyster Bay Dar es Salaam (Tanzania). With the new signings Starwood will further build its position in Nigeria and Egypt, increase its presence in Senegal and enter new markets, which include Mali, Kenya and Tanzania.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts will open 7 hotels in the next year, including:
- Opening of Four Points by Sheraton Oran in November marking the entry of the brand into Algeria followed by Four Points by Sheraton Ikot Ekpene (Nigeria) in 2016
- Opening of The Westin Soma Bay Golf Resort & Spa, after conversion which marks the entry of the brand into Egypt, followed by opening of a new Westin in Cairo, The Westin Katameya Dunes, in early 2016, further strengthening the Westin brand presence and consolidating Starwood’s position as a leading hospitality player in Egypt.
- The debut of Starwood’s ultra-luxury brand St. Regis in Egypt with opening of The St. Regis Cairo in 2016.
- Re-opening of the iconic Sheraton Cairo after extensive renovation in 2016.
- Opening of Sheraton Conakry, marking the entry of the brand and Starwood’s first hotel in Guinea
More from NEWS
Since 1993, the Seamaster Diver 300M has enjoyed a legendary following. This year, the collection celebrates 25 years with a …