In the heart of Hampshire, the land of Jane Austen, one of the most picturesque and closest to London country side destinations is home to Farleigh House, situated at the centre of the 4,000 acre Farleigh Wallop Estate. The House is available for exclusive-use hire for a range of events including weekend house parties, exclusive private events, corporate events and shooting holidays.
The Estate is situated 62 miles from London Gatwick Airport and 37 miles from London Heathrow Airport
The nearest train stations are Basingstoke (5 miles), Micheldever (10 miles) and Overton (10 miles). There are direct services from London Waterloo taking 45 minutes to Basingstoke or 1 hour to Micheldever station. For those arriving by helicopter, Farleigh House has its own landing pad on the Estate.
A house has stood proudly in this location for nearly one thousand years travelling through generations either by marriage or inheritance since the Domesday Book. Farleigh House and its grounds have been owned and tended by the same family since the 15th Century. Queen Elizabeth was once entertained at Farleigh House and the romantic poet Lord Byron was a frequent visitor during his lifetime.
The 10th Earl of Portsmouth undertook a complete modernisation of the house and gardens between 1989 & 2014. The House is now under the stewardship of his son Viscount Lymington.
The House features 11 suites and bedrooms including 10 double rooms and 1 single room.
The kitchen garden provides fresh produce for guests to enjoy and the elegant glasshouse is full of vines and flowers, dinners can also be organized in the main dining room.
4 different event areas are available and they all offer views of unspoiled landscapes :
- Library – Middle Easter guests love such libraries but not because of books but because of a big Smart tv screen – they watch tv a lot – especially sports
- Wood panelled snug
- Smoking room with a bar – there should be a kids room too
- Indoor facilities : billiards room, cellar, TV/cinema room, a gunroom- darts is also very British
- Outdoor facilities: heated swimming pool, tennis court, rose garden, sculpture pond, wooded area and a lake surrounded by meadowland and home to koi carp and golden
On request, the following activities and trips can be arranged at an additional cost
Additional activities at the Estate
Clay pigeon shooting, pheasant & partridge shooting, archery sessions, instruction from a falconer, and red deer stalking is available in season. The game season is October through to the end of January.
Horse riding – horses and teachers/guides can be provided – horses are brought in from outside the Estate.
The Estate also provides a secluded venue for meetings, client entertainment and team development. The estate is all private property, but when within the grounds of the house, you cannot be seen from the outside unless on the perimeters of the estate.
The Estate has suppliers of whiskey, gins and other fine spirits who will come in for tastings, as well as three vineyards locally where guests can have tours and tastings.
Go karting, ice-skating, fly fishing, hot air ballooning- most can be done all year around, just depending on weather conditions on the day
A mini-Spa, such as a room transformed into a treatment room – a wide variety of treatments can be provided.
Farleigh House does not impose a minimum nights stay
- House facilities and staff with Chef, Butler and Housekeeping staff- the Estate designs menus bespoke for the guests. There are normally separate butlers for singles and families
- Dining: breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and picnics using local produce and prepared by the in-house chef- picnic in warm months only/ for afternoon tea
- Drinks: A selection of wines, spirits and soft drinks – all the drinks and wines (for reasonable consumption) are included in the prices and guests can visit the cellar with our management to choose wines for each dinner
- The Host is provided by Masterpiece Estate
- Additional facilities at the Estate can be arranged for a further cost- some happening must be possible to organise in the house – maybe a mini-parade of historical costumes or a carnival wearing this kind of historical costumes – could be funny –
- Indoor facilities : billiards room, cellar, TV/cinema room, a gunroom – darts is also very British
- Outdoor facilities: heated swimming pool, tennis court, rose garden, sculpture pond, wooded area and a lake surrounded by meadowland and home to koi carp and golden orfe
- The Host is provided by Masterpiece Estates
- Additional facilities at the Estate can be arranged for a further cost
Faleigh Wallop House is part of Oetker Collection’s MasterPiece Estates
More from CONCIERGE
This is the second consecutive year that DIOR has chosen Ibiza for a pop-up store, which opened on 3 July …
The highly acclaimed The Gritti Palace, the finest luxury hotel in Venice proposed a wide array of activities and tips …