Stockton House is nestled in the tranquil Wyle Valley amongst the rolling downs of Wiltshire. This Valley is dotted with small chocolate box villages composed of thatched cottages and stone-built public houses which provide a picturesque setting for this charming House.
The clear waters of the River Wylye flow through the valley which is very popular with anglers for fly fishing. A half a mile stretch of the river and the three lakes of Warminster provide a wonderful local nature reserve. The area offers stunning walking and cycling routes from the gates of the house. Stockton also has a renowned partridge shoot.
The House enjoys beautiful private gardens and is available for exclusive-hire use for a range of events including gatherings, parties and corporate retreats.
The House is situated 27 miles from Bournemouth Airport, 32 miles from Southampton Airport and 34 miles from Bristol Airport.
Stockton House is a grade 1 listed example of Elizabethan architecture and design. Built in 1598 by John Topp, a clothier to the court of Elizabeth I.
The House retains some Elizabethan rooms in their original splendour, but following a recent three year renovation which ended in 2016, the House has all the comforts that guests expect in the 21st Century.
The house boasts nine double en-suite bedrooms.
● The shoot hall seat up to 24 peoples
● The pool-house
● Indoor facilities : a billiard room, library, sitting room
● Outdoor facilities: a swimming pool (with a counter swim machine), a squash court, bikes
Additional activities at the Estate
● Clay pigeon shooting
● Game day and game shooting
Additional activities near the Estate
● Visit of Stonehenge
● Visit of natural and historical sites
Stockton house does not impose a minimum nights stay
Stockton House is offered on an exclusive venue basis with accommodation in the House for up to 18 guests / The house facilities gardens and breakfasts
● The Host is provided by Masterpiece Estates
● All catering aside from breakfast is arranged by one of our chosen preferred suppliers at an additional cost per head
● Drinks: Wine, champagne and spirits can be purchased through Stockton House or supplied by the client
● The outdoor pool is heated during April-September. The pool may be heated outside these months for an additional cost.
More from CONCIERGE
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, a world-leading luxury brand within the Accor group, is pleased to announce the launch of its global partnership …
The Ritz-Carlton is delighted to announce the Shore Collection for the Caribbean itineraries on The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, offering a first look at …
The Reuben Brothers have acquired La Residence hotel in Kalafatis Bay, Mykonos, Greece, a 30 bedroom luxury boutique hotel as part of their continued strategy of investing …