Taking the top title of “Hotel of the Year” at Virtuoso’s Best of the B est awards 2016 edition is Italy’s Borgo Egnazia, a collection of white villas designed to evoke a traditional Apulian village, complete with piazza and alleyways.
The sprawling resort also features a championship 18-hole golf course, beach clubs and a renowned spa. Rooms are decorated in rich hues of cream, white and beige for a calming, restful effect.
It’s not the first time the Borgo Egnazia has been recognized within the industry. The hotel has also been awarded by Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, Tatler and Leading Hotels of the World.
For the awards, Virtuoso surveyed their network of 390 luxury travel agencies and their 11,400 travel advisors around the world. Membership is invitation-only. Properties chosen belong to the group’s own network of 1,200 hotels, resorts, villas and private islands, located in 100 countries.
Here are the other winners:
- Best achievement in design: Faena Hotel Miami Beach, Florida
- Best culinary experience: The Farmhouse Restaurant, Farmhouse Inn, California
- Best bar: The New York Edition, New York
- Best Family Program: Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Best Spa: Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Lake Como, Italy
- Most Innovative Guest Experience: Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
- Sustainable Tourism Leadership: andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- One to Watch: Hotel Eden Rome, Dorchester Collection, Rome, Italy
- Hotelier of the Year: José Silva – Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, Paris, France
More from NEWS
Since 1993, the Seamaster Diver 300M has enjoyed a legendary following. This year, the collection celebrates 25 years with a …